Some useful information about Amble & the surrounding area

The Town of Amble is situated on the Northumberland coast, it is at the mouth of the River Coquet, just a mile from Warkworth. Amble was built on a point of land that sticks out from the main run of the coast, so offers excellent views of the coastline. The old spelling for Amble is thought to be Annebelle, meaning Anna's Promontory. Amble and the surrounding area has been populated for many centuries. Ancient British foundations have been found here, as well as Roman coins, signifying occupation during different periods of time.

Amble is commonly known as 'the friendliest port' and gained the nickname in the 1930's when Amble Council sent the RMS Mauretania a message on it's last voyage to the the wreckers yard 'Still the finest ship on the seas' and they replied with greetings 'to the last and friendliest port in England'. The Town is now a popular place for holidays with it's pleasant harbour, marina, proximity to beautiful beaches and many facilities it's easy to see why.(source: http://www.yournorthumberland.co.uk/area-guides/amble)

 

 

Amble Harbour Village

Amble Harbour Village

Coming soon in 2015

www.ambleharbourvillage.co.uk